Tungsten alloy is suitable for protecting from radiation. The ouitstanding density of tungsten alloy shielding (more than 60% dense than lead) permits a decrease in the physical size of protective components, without affecting their rigidity or the efficiency of the protective features.
Tungsten Alloy Stopper Shields Features:
- Tungsten alloy stopper shield is from 50cm thick to 288cm.
- Concrete tungsten alloy stopper shields is efective to clog the particles having interacted at or before with the tungsten alloy stopper shields.
- Tungsten heavy alloy stopper shield is generally made out of concrete 50cm thick, with the an outer aperture of 160 cm and the inner aperture of 110cm, that is the all length of the beam stopper. It breaks a layer of air with 15cm around the tungsten heavy alloy stopper shield.
- Concrete tungsten heavy alloy stopper shield is developed as a tube of concrete 50cm thick, with the outer aperture 85 cm and the inner aperture 35cm, they are fitted around the quadruples with half length 508.5cm, after and before the tungsten heavy alloy stopper shield.
- This discrads a layer of air of about 14cm around the quads.
- Tungsten heavy alloy stopper shield, made out of concrete fixed at the entrance of the detector that is made from two pieces.
- a) A trapezoid, asymmetrically situated in x from the detector aperture (deemed at the very size of BQ5) but covering in y and with z=2m.
- b) A tube of concrete is surrounding the detector aperture, 50cm thick with z=2m.
- The praxis of the production vertex of those muons is estimated against z in figure 3 for the muons in the halo and in the wings of the beam. This figure sets out and the event imitated by geant with a layout with “vacuum” walls and no protection but with a beam stopper made out of tungsten alloy.
- Tungsten heavy alloy stopper shield is prefered to iron. Both alloys possess an identical dE/dx (even iron has a bit higher one); so the particle concentration is as twice higher as the absorption in iron.
- The company can fix the concrete walls around the beam set-up. it will also attach numerous shielding to set the background from different sources, e.g. around the tungsten alloy stopper shields and to the quads opposite to it and adjoining to the detector.